E R & F Turner 550 Flaking Mill
A Versatile Flaking Mill for all Flaked Products. By adding just the features you need to the basic model we can offer this popular mill to suit any budget
Typical Breakfast Cereal Applications:
Cornflakes, Wheat Flakes, Multigrain Flakes, Oat Flakes, Rice Krispies, Mueslies, Flakes for Breads
Typical Animal Feed Applications:
Steam flaked, micronized and extruded grains, Maize, Wheat, Barley, Beans, Peas, Soya
550 Breakfast Cereal with Integral Conveyor
STANDARD DESIGN FEATURES
- Heavy Duty Construction - The design comprises a heavy duty cast iron chassis that retains the stability and accuracy of the roll gap and imposed pressure. The castings absorb the high pressures and shock loads to give a long and trouble-free life.
- High Capacity Rates - The pressure exerted during the flaking process not only provides the mill with the potential for good capacity rates, but also enables the production of very fine flakes if required.
- Chilled Iron Rolls - Our rolls are manufactured from the highest quality spun cast chilled iron, allowing for a long life and considerable number of regrinds.
- The Roll Drive - is driven by a single electric motor and uses a heavy duty inter-roll belt drive to give a choice of roll speeds and differentials.
- Output – A choice of through floor or integral discharge conveyor are available.
- Flake Control - Roll pressure on the standard flaking mill is supplied by a substantial, reliable, enclosed disc spring assembly with independent fine adjustment, while a hand-wheel provides parallel roll gap control.
CUSTOMISABLE DESIGN FEATURES FOR BREAKFAST CEREAL PRODUCTION
- Chilled Iron Rolls – Upgrade from our standard rolls to “Supercooled”, where gun drilled holes around the circumference of the rolls offer more efficient cooling across the full roll width, enabling increased capacity.
- Scraper Blades – Upgrade from manually adjustable to pneumatically-operated scrapers designed to keep the rolls clean at the flick of a switch for efficient operation.
- Advanced Gap Control – Replacement of the hand wheel control with either a motorised gearbox or hydraulic pressure assembly ensures a consistent start up position for the rolls and automation of the flaking control.
- Feed Sensor Roll Protection – As a further addition to the motorised control, this feature detects any lack of product flow and moves the rolls apart to reduce roll damage and wear.
- Variable Differential – A secondary motor can be installed in place of the inter roll drive to enable variable speed differentials between the rolls.
- Temperature Sensing – Infra red temperature sensors can be installed to monitor roll surface temperature, this data can also be used to regulate the control of the roll cooling.
- Controls – Whether you want a simple starter and manual control or a fully integrated touch screen HMI control system we can provide the solution to suit your needs.
- Feeding the Flaking Mill - If required, a choice of feeders is available. This includes a variable-speed roll feeder with an adjustable gate, or alternatively a variable-frequency vibratory feeder.
ANIMAL FEED VARIATIONS
As with all our flaking mills, the machine can be adapted to suit animal feed applications. The 550 model flaking mill is particularly versatile and the same high quality, robust design is simplified but some of the additional features, important for the production of breakfast cereals, but not as vital in animal feed production, would be omitted.
ROLL DIMENSIONS: 550 x 750 / 550 x 1000
POWER: 37-45 kW / 55 kW
WEIGHT: 5800 kg / 7000 kg